1) All transactions shall be governed by the Institute of Translation and Interpreting's Recommended Model General Terms of Business for Commissioned Translation Work in the version found here, except as specified below.
2) The following shall be appended to Paragraph 2 of Clause 10: 'Additional compensation of at least £40 for each overdue payment may also be charged, at the Translator's discretion, in accordance with the provisions of Section 5A of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2013 and the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (No.2) Regulations 2013, and of European Directives 2000/35/EC and 2011/7/EU.'
3) First-time customers must pay at least 50% in advance, by one of the methods shown below; regular customers will be sent an invoice (normally by e-mail) and must pay within 30 days, subject to interest & other penalties if late (as defined in the preceding two clauses). UK translation agencies vouched for by at least two qualified ITI members may also qualify for 30 days' credit from the start.
4) Files sent electronically will be deemed to have been received unless notified otherwise within at most 24 hours after the expected delivery time. If e-mail sent from us is received satisfactorily by any address tested here, any non-receipt by a customer will be taken as a customer-side problem to be resolved by the customer (although we will be happy to resend the files to an alternative address).
5) Payment may be made by any of the following methods: